Tips for a great audition
- Be rested.
- Make sure you are well prepared. Know your role, your text and the tone of voice.
- Customize your appearance on the role, including clothing and makeup (but keep it low key). Let your hair hang loose.
- Walk confidently into space, because from that moment your casting has started.
- Introduce yourself. Don't rush through your text and/or spelling.
- Keep your facial expressions calm. Use your eyes, body language, timing, and your voice unless instructed otherwise. Give variety. Play towards the camera.
- Keep empathizing with the scene. ‘Acting is pretending while pretending you are not pretending.’
- Listen carefully to directions. Never stop of your own accord.
- Stay positive and have fun! 🎬 📷 🎬 📷 🎬 📷 🎬